Be Polished. Be Your Best You
Spa / MICRODERMABRASION
Medical Microdermabrasion is performed by certified physicians and highly qualified and trained medical providers of B Medical Spa.
- Over time and with age, skin develops a thicker layer of keratin, making it appear old and “worn-down”.
- Medical Microdermabrasion is a painless gentle and gradual exfoliation and resurfacing of the skin’s dead cells.
- It reduces skin damage caused by age, sun(photo-aging) and other environmental and hereditary factors.
- It also stimulates the collagen network; resulting in the skin’s texture and appearance to “even-out”.
- Additionally, it reduces the skin’s large pores and sun spots.
- It produces a rejuvenation of aged skin and will minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, scarring and age spots.
- Medical Microdermabrasion can be performed on any part of the body.
- It also assists in the treatment of acne and acne scarring.
- By utilizing sprays of tiny aluminum oxide crystals across the skin, or a medical-grade diamond tip, a medical device provides gentle skin abrasion,
- While simultaneously suctioning and removing the dead cells from the microscopic outer top layer (epidermis) of skin.
- The improvement of the skin’s texture, smoothness and appearance will be immediately noticeable after the completion of the treatment.
- Patients should be able to resume all normal activities immediately.
- After treatment make-up can be reapplied.
- Most treatments last about 30-60 minutes
The Microdermabrasion performed at spas only use spa-grade equipment. Furthermore, they are not performed or monitored by a licensed physician. The Medical Microdermabrasion, used at medical spas and centers, use very small crystals or diamond tips in conjunction with specialized and sensitive medical-grade devices. These services are either performed or supervised by a licensed physician.
You will first have your make-up removed and skin cleansed.
During the treatment session, you may feel a sensation that some patients have described as “an emery board against skin” and others as “a facial massage”. You will first feel the particles on your arm to assist you with acclimating with the sensation of the procedure.
The Medical Microdermabrasion session will last approximately 30-60 minutes.
After a treatment, you can expect your skin to have a pink glow that will usually last from 30 minutes to 6 hours.
Follow up home care instructions for your skin type will be reviewed. Skin care products may be recommended to assist you with your goals. It is strongly advised that you arrive for your first session with your current skin care products so the physician and aesthetician can review these products with you.
Medical Microdermabrasion treatments result in rejuvenation of aged skin and improvement in the appearance and smoothness of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, hyper pigmentation, scars, and stretch marks.
- Blackheads & Whiteheads
- Fine Wrinkles
- Sun Damaged Skin
- Acne Prone Skin
- Superficial Age Spots
- Oily Skin
- Post Laser or IPL Treatment Blending
- Superficial Age Spots
- Dull or leathery skin texture
- Contracting enlarged pores
- Active Acne
- Active skin infections
- Skin conditions that may cause scarring
- These conditions must be treated prior to the initiation of Medical Microdermabrasion.
Patients will notice immediate improvement in the texture and appearance of their skin after the first treatment.
Complications are rare. They include infection, prolonged healing, skin discoloration, keloid and scarring.